Life Is As You See It

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Long time no see, eh?

Well, I decided that I would try to take another crack at blogging and see if I can keep it up. We will see, eh? Anyway, life this year has been very interesting. I have been sucked into the many things that development does here at work. Much of it actually isnt that bad. Regardless it is something that I dont mind doing. Not to mention, I am still hourly so if I work long hours I still get paid for it. Anywho, I try to spend most of the day working on my SHPR's and what not, but find myself delving into video game programming to fill the gaps. I am sure that I could probably do a little more to keep myself busy, but sometimes this can be a very stressful job. Mainly when its release time and I have over 50 shpr's and half of them are stupid questions from stupid people.. (i am not going to say names... cause they are special and might get offended) Life at home has been good, me and Rachel are in the process of replacing the carpets in the house and we will be doing the cabinets within the next month... I hope. So in otherwords, we are replacing about half of the house and it isnt going to cost a huge fortune... not huge, but a small one. I have also been quite active in game programming websites, most notibly CreationAsylum.net and RMXP.org. I am known as GubiD to all the gentle folk.. unless its GamingWorld, there I am GemeniX13. Anyway, working on some pretty shnazy new updates for my system, and have undertaken a project with someone else, because my art skills suck. I need some good realish/anime type characters and stuff done for mine, however I dont have the time to learn how to do all that now. I have given myself a goal for the year though... and that is to get better at doing graphics. I think my first step is to start drawing again. I used to draw all the time, but I was always more of an observation artist. I cannot really draw from my imagination as well as I would like to think. Usually I start it as one thing... then think, that looks more like a... and then start drawing that and realize that it does look like the first thing and then continue playing bad mitten like that until I get a finished product. Well, I suppose that is enough of my mindless talking and bad punctuation and run-on sentences.

Laters

~Gubi

3 Comments:

  • Nice to see you.

    I get "Gubi" but not "GubiD". Is it a moniker for something? ;)

    As for game creation, it sounds like things are going well for you. I propose that if you and I begin clearing an average of $100/day from our businesses, you and I and the two Rachel's should double-date EVERY NIGHT at the restaurant of our choice.

    ... I'm hungry.

    By Blogger Brandon Doyle, at 8:49 AM  

  • I agree with "the doyle". hahaha. Congrats on posting a new blog. I am proud of you. Now we need to get you to write in your journal. You haven't written in that since Mikaila was born. Shame shame. I love you sexy. Don't ever forget that.

    By Blogger The Gubler Family Blog!, at 7:19 AM  

  • Yeah, blogging is easy but keeping it up is hard! Don't let this die though! Keep it alive every now and then.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home