Life Is As You See It

Monday, June 26, 2006

Life as a jail bird


In light of Eric's endevour this morning, I have decided to give a little more insight to the history of my father and the Mari-Ju-Wanna escipades. First off let me say that in 1992 my dad had a collection of some plants in the basement of our newely built house and wouldnt allow anyone in the room. In the summer he purchased some land outside of Paraguna, ut. Which as most of you know if a ways north of Cedar city in the middle of no where. Now for a visual aid. As the image to the left shows the approximate land purchase/location of the CROP. As you can see we had plenty of water and so on. Notice that little hill in the south side of the crop? That was the lookout location. So if you saw the cops comming you could signal with walkie talkie's. I actually still have some pictures of that canyon. It was quite cool and I remember exploring it quite a ways back, but I never really went to the "Crop" unless there was some need for manual labor.
Note: There is a small clearing in the middle of these trees, can you guess why?
So it was in the end of 1992 where his neighbor friend tattled on him and the jig was up. He took off in the hills for about 2 weeks before reappearing to drive the mobile home for a 6 state run. I will go into that later. Comments, questions?

1 Comments:

  • so he got away with it for two weeks? maybe i should have run as well

    By Blogger Eric, at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home