Life Is As You See It

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Defective by Design

To quote a recent Digg.com article:

"The Defective by Design campaign aims to identify what it considers "defective" products, and target them for elimination to make all manufacturers wary about bringing their DRM-enabled products to market.

In June it(Defective By Design) coordinated action across eight US cities with supporters dressed in bright yellow Hazmat suits swarming Apple(Computer) Stores to warn shoppers and staff that Apple iTunes was infected with DRM."

In my opinion, if you buy a CD and that music will only play in a special player it is considered a monopoly and should not be allowed, but that is basically what it seems they are pushing for. I enjoy music enough to purchase it online, song by song, if needed to get the desired CD. The fact that I have to burn then re-rip the songs just so I can play them at another computer in the same house hold is crap. I really hope that the DRM Movement dies and that I will once again be able to purchase something and move it to my computer so that I dont have to waste money on other items just to listen to it at a different location.

Well, that is my rant for the day.

1 Comments:

  • And it's a good one!

    For some reason I thought of the following after reading your post.

    A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 miles per hour. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside.

    Now: do we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, (A), and multiply it by the probable rate of failure, (B). Then multiply the result by the average out-of-court settlement, (C). A times B, times C equals X... If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

    By Blogger Kr5is, at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home